Who Are We
Name: Amanda Ryan
Trading Name: RaindropComms
Official Email: email@example.com
Our Data retention period: 3 years
Date of last policy update: 1st August 2020
RaindropComms collects 'Non-personal Information' and 'Personal Information' in the categories described below.
RaindropComms will process information about your use of our website and services('usage data'). The usage data includes:
- The browser types and versions used
- The operating system used by the accessing system
- The website from which an accessing system reaches our website(so-called referrers)
- The sub-websites
- The date and time (so-called timestamp) of access to the internet site
- An internet protocol address(IP address)
- The internet service provider(ISP) of the accessing system
- The geographical location of the user
- The page views and the site navigation path
- The pattern of the users use of the service with regards to timing and frequency
- Any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology
- delivering the content of our website correctly
- optimise the content or our website as well as any advertisements
- ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
- provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of cyber-attacks
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you visit our site
- what you click on while you're using our site
You can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies.
In order to process this information, we have obtained the user's consent in the interest of monitoring and improving our website and services.
Enquiry data, correspondence data, and customer relationship data.
RaindropComms may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services and products ('enquiry data'). If a user contacts us via email or via a contact form, the personal information transmitted by the user is automatically stored. The personal information may include:
- the users name
- the name of the users employer
- the users job role
- the metadata associated with the communication
- and information contained in communications between the user and RaindropComms
RaindropComms may process information that the user's posts for publication on our services ('publication data') On our website the users can post information in the following ways.
Comments of Blog Posts
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor's IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Embedded Content from other Websites
How We Use And Share Information
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
The legal purpose of the processing of personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retaining And Deleting Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will retain your personal data as follows:
- IP addresses will be retained for a minimum period of 30 days and for a maximum period of 14 months. This data is stored to help us improve the Service, customise the user experience, and make informed business decisions.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request the deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing support(at)thevahandbook.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to Other Websites
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
If you have any queries about how we use your data or have questions about this policy please email us at email@example.com